Taking a tour? Some things to keep top of mind.
When looking at a Retirement, Assisted Living, or Memory Care Community…
- Were you greeted promptly by front desk team and offered assistance and a refreshment?
- As you tour the community, observe staff and resident interactions. Is the staff patient, helpful and kind? Were you greeted and welcomed by residents and staff as you toured?
- Did you observe residents socializing with each other and/or attending activities? Ask a resident about their community experiences.
- Was there an Activity/Life Enhancement calendar posted or is there one in the tour packet? If so, do any of the planned activities meet your or your family member’s needs?
- Is the building clean and odor free?
- Are the hallways, doorways and common areas conducive for safe walking?
- Take the time to have a meal. Is the service friendly and attentive? Are the dining hours and food choices flexible? Did the staff meet your food handling expectations?
- Take time to meet the Executive Director and other key team members.
- How many staff members are scheduled throughout the day?
- What is evening availability of Care Team, and the system for obtaining assistance 24-hours a day?
- Ask about staff training and credentials. Meet the licensed nurse at the Community.
- How many hours per day or per week is the nurse in the building?
- Is the most recent state survey available for review?
Contact Generations Senior Living today to schedule a tour or request more information.